back to article Investors fling fresh cash at Mike Lynch-backed Darktrace

Cyber security outfit Darktrace, which is backed by billionaire superyacht owner Mike Lynch, has raised yet more cash, this time drumming up the princely sum of $22.5m (£14.4m). Darktrace uses machine learning and mathematics to detect early-stage cyber threats. The biz was founded by former members of the intelligence …

1. Wolfclaw

Ex-GCHQ/NSA staff and I bet more backdoors than a small Yorkshire town !

1. JCitizen
      Thumb Up

backdoors

Yep

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

no In-Q-Tel investment yet, then? Or does Fort Meade ventures own enough of it already through various friends ...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Lots of tech

Well, of course they need a lot of tech, as they're searching for a needle in thousands of haystacks. Mind you, I'm sure there's lots of terrorist Grans and Papa's out there that need their meta data analysing.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

tihsllub baffles brains

A very expensive but as yet unproven 'advanced' cyber detection tool. They certainly talk the talk, but just because it has 'big names' on the board doesn't mean the tech is any good (do the big names really understand how their tool works?). I seen too many vendors who claim their new tool is the only magic bullet, but once you hand over the check you find it merely adds to your massive inbox of 'alerts' and makes you wish you had an army of security staff to react to it (which you can't have because you just blew your budget on a cool new shiny tool).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like