back to article UK's Crown Commercial Service creams off £72m from frameworks

Government procurement body Crown Commercial Services had a bumper year in 2014/15, increasing its slice of commission and fees from government frameworks by 50 per cent to a cool £72m. During that period the body doubled its staff costs to £44.4m, increased full-time headcount from 430 to 674, and ran a surplus of £2m, which …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Another fantastic example of Govt Nobodies, doing little good and yet patting themselves on the back for a job well done...... oh and with Zero aaccountability

£2m saving on £15bn spend......pah small return against the £44m cost of staffing that department and the overall spend levels.

Needless to say their own PR piece fails to explain the delays to Frameworks and the paltry saving against huge spend levels.

Useless simply useless..... and smoking too much of their own stuff to se sense or truth of the matter

2. Bluff and Bluster

Really?

Never sure what to believe from this power house of civil servants *cough*. I find it all a bit too secretive for my liking. On the magical website (no sarcasm intended, for a change) WhatDoTheyKnow, CCS have only responded to 19 out of 46 FOI requests (openness and transparency rule). An interesting one which they declined to answer related to information on their active frameworks and their associated spend.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/list_of_all_active_frameworks_an#incoming-621825

Surprisingly this was not information which they held, needless to say I was rather confused when this press release hit on how much kick-back/cream-off-the top/brown envelopes/commission <delete as applicable> they achieved. Hmmmm

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like