back to article Grooveshark cofounder Josh Greenberg dead at 28

One of the cofounders of music-sharing site Grooveshark has died. The Gainesville Sun newspaper reports that the body of Josh Greenberg was found in his bed Sunday by his girlfriend. The cause of death has not yet been determined, though the report says drug use and foul play are not believed to be involved. Greenberg was 28 …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Jumped the shark

Stealing content is not a business model. Unless you are Apple full of cash and lawyers.

2. Naughtyhorse

Jesus

twenty fucking eight.

3. Zot

Huh?

How can they say there's "no foul play" if 'the cause of death has not yet been determined"?

Office:- "We dunno, therefore no-one else did it, right!"

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Huh?

Maybe his pride was too big to swallow?

2. Jedit Silver badge
      Headmaster

"How can they say there's "no foul play" if 'the cause of death has not yet been determined"?"

They didn't say "no foul play", they said "no evidence of foul play". It's an important distinction. What they mean is there were no signs of forced entry, no injuries on the body, no indicators of poisoning or OD and so on. So until they have a post mortem indicating that Greenberg might have been murdered, they're not starting an investigation.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Former music-sharing boss was looking for fresh start.

And now he's found it.

5. ben edwards

One more year and he could have joined the infamous "29 club" that the industry loves to maintain.

I'll see myself out.

6. petur
    Unhappy

Tasteless comments

That's all

7. andreas koch
    Black Helicopters

No traces

are left when the RIAA hitmen call.

1. Mpeler
      Black Helicopters

Re: No traces

A new venture he was to have started,

Sadly, he looks to have been breitbarted

8. skeptical i

PBUH

Agree with Naughtyhorse, 28 is awfully young to exit. Peace and condolences unto his friends, family, colleagues, and other loved ones.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon