back to article Giddy Google Glass gazers, beware! FCC filing obscures view on new gadget

Google has been quietly beavering away at a new Bluetooth-enabled product with the not-exactly discreet ID tag of A4R-GG1. The "GG" in that name could point to a reworked version of Google Glass, as first noted by the Droid Life blog. Details of the mysterious device were revealed in FCC filings that were published on 1 July …

1. Roq D. Kasba

The "GG" in that name could point to ...

>>>The "GG" in that name could point to a reworked version of Google Glass, as first noted by the Droid Life blog.<<<

Or that it's Android for horses? Multi-hoof touch.

1. TeeCee Gold badge
      FAIL

Re: The "GG" in that name could point to ...

It would seem that the context-sensitive adbot in use around these parts has decided it stands for "GiffGaff".....

2. iLuddite

I want one too

No, no, not the kit; the ""request for confidentiality" missive".

Mine would be aimed Google.

1. iLuddite

At Google. Aimed at Google.

Ha. Perhaps I should just request glasses.

3. Chris G

GooGlarse

Perhaps it's going to be a monocle this time with one of those Bluetooth earpieces that bouncers wear.

That should avoid the 'Creepy Effect'.

4. Six_Degrees

What's going to take time is shaking the now-entrenched perception of Google Glass as Spywear.

5. Graham Marsden
    Facepalm

Is that pronounced....

.... AAARGH!!!

1. getHandle

Re: Is that pronounced....

A4R is AAAAR and it'll look like a black eye-patch.

6. Only me!
    Mushroom

Pro 4..geo tagging....cloud

Spy wear is already in full view with things like Pro 4 ..... selfie sticks linked to the cloud, face recognition and geo tagging.......all sorted now.....way before glasshole is released to the masses.

Sorry, but it is more or less hear already, GG just joins the dots for us minions....the overlords already have what they want.

7. wdmot

Head Tissue Simulating Liquids

Looking through the documents filed with the FCC, the image on page "11 of 11" (after which comes "1 of 13") in SAR Appendix F makes it look more like a bluetooth headset than a new version of Google Glass. It's definitely a wearable device: the FCC application is full of SAR (Specific Absorption Rate) test data. SAR Appendix D is a document containing tables of material test data for variations of "Head Tissue Simulating Liquid" and "Body Tissue Simulating Liquid". Notably absent from the documents available online is Appendix A, "SAR Photos & Ant. Locations", so perhaps the FCC is trying to comply with Google's request to keep the key bits secret.

8. Lostintranslation

Wouldn't the incorporation of X-ray, telescopic and night vision lenses not make the concept slightly less creepy? The look could be complimented with a new Google branded dirty mac.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like