back to article ICANN's bill for clawing global DNS from Uncle Sam: $7m and counting

Domain-name overseer ICANN is failing in two fundamental tasks, according to the US government, while spending millions of dollars of internet users' money trying to take control of the critical IANA technical contract. In a letter sent earlier this month from the Senate's Judiciary Committee to the White House new “IP Czar” …

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    Flame

When is this farce going to end ?

Until what point can ICANN push the boundaries until somebody finally wakes up and puts a stake through it ?

The ICANN board is the height of hubris, hypocrisy, and borderline corruption - hardly what is needed to administer a world resource.

Kill it with fire.

1. Mark 85

Re: When is this farce going to end ?

You beat me... though I would suggest after the fire, bulldoze it into ground.

1. Trigonoceps occipitalis

Then ... then ... do it again!

2. PleebSmash
      Flame

The hundreds of millions of dollars from gTLD applications and auctions could sustain the ICANN beast for quite some time.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them do it again... after all there are many strings yet untapped.

3. Oninoshiko

Borderline?

Complete corruption.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Each story I read about ICANN makes me think 'there is no way that I could be more disgusted by this organisation than I am now', and then the next one appears....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like