back to article What are your links worth to Pinterest? $11 BEEELLION!

Social link-sharing site Pinterest has taken in a new round of funding that gives the firm at a hefty US$11bn valuation. The company said in an SEC filing that it had already agreed to sell off $367,099,927 in equity and hopes to move another $210,816,979 (for a total of around $577.9m) in venture capitol investments. That …

1. Mark 85

Dot Com Bust II Coming?

It sure does seem that way. Of course the "investors" value it for that much or more. They want profit. The number of these multi-billion dollar social networks are getting scary.....

1. Ole Juul

Re: Dot Com Bust II Coming?

I think they have a way to go yet, but the bust is inevitable. The NSA (and friends) scandal is not sinking in yet and we're seeing what some are calling privacy nihilism. However, I think people are getting sensitized to the problem and at some point the current mega social networks, hitting closer to home, will start to rub people enough that something will happen.

2. CanadaGrandpaChris

Bust or no bust that is the question?

Business cycles happen. Look at oil down from heavenly highs jus a year ago. Social networks con only make Big Bucks for clicks or in your face adv.

When users feeler used they just go away. Remember when a cell phone was for real talking person to, erson? "Just text me" is its use now. We will never know when the tipping point comes. (Much like Mother Earth overheating due to our arrogance, burning, hidden for millions of years little fuel bugs and rocks.)

Hail to the bubble!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like