back to article IBM may swing axe on same departments more than once

Such is the lack of job security at IBM that staff in certain departments could be at risk of redundancy on more than one occasion during this year, The Channel can reveal. An elected Employee Consultation Committee (ECC) is liaising between IBMers in Systems Middleware that are working in Platform, Integration and Smarter …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

2 years in Europe (usually)

'ECC was reliably informed by Big Blue that if they leave with a pay off, it’ll “usually” be another 12 months before they can again become a permanent staffer or contractor.'

I'll let you know next week if they're bending that rule ;-)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: 2 years in Europe (usually)

Why the hell would anyone want to go back? Or go there in the first place for that matter.

IBM once had a good reputation and was a good company to have on your CV. Not any more.

Wish they'd hurry up and announce more packages in my area. My name will be down again in a flash, like it was last time. Still, they're paying me to piss around on the internet all day despite me offering to leave so it's not all bad.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Martin, is that you?

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

No Andy

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

My understanding is that you can come back sooner, but you will lose some or all of your loot... so no point at all.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

0.05% bonus!

Last year I achieved *all* of my objectives, and I actually exceeded my utilization target (84%) by 10 percentage points.

Last year Ginny Rometty failed miserably to achieve her sole strategic goal -pathetic as that was- of an EPS of $15 (what vision!)

She received millions in bonuses and I received less than 2 grand, or about 0.05% of our failure of a Chairman's.

It's well past time to sack her and her worthless board.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019