back to article Red or alive, you're coming with me: Feds offer $3m reward for 'CryptoLocker baron'

The US State Department and the FBI, have stumped up $3m in reward money for the arrest of Evgeniy Mikhailovich Bogachev, the 30-year-old Russian man accused of stealing over $100m with his malware. Russian wanted by FBI Have you seen this man? Bogachev, who operated under the aliases "lucky12345," "Slavik," and " …

1. Ole Juul
    Coat

Russian

I don't see why the FBI doesn't contact the Russian government to collaborate on this.

2. Mark 85
    Devil

Hmmm... have they offered the Russian government the reward?

If the popular media is correct, they might just make a deal to have some cash (small but still cash) flow.

1. Robert Helpmann??
      Childcatcher

Re: Hmmm... have they offered the Russian government the reward?

Nah, Bogachev should be able to continue making them money whereas the FBI's offer is a one time deal.

3. Sokolik
    Devil

The current "relationship" between U.S. and Russian Federation...

...in my view, comprises, "Eastern Ukraine", "Consequent Sanctions", "Saudi Flooding (pardon the expression) the Oil Market (no doubt in orchestration with NATO in general and the U.S. in particular)", "Consequent Collapse of Ruble", and "Consequent Double-Digit Inflation in Russia".

So, I would not bet the FSB would cooperate a bit with the FBI.

Moreover, in my view, probably, Bogachev is a Putin-o-crony-klepto-crat bringing international hard currency to the State Treasury badly-needed even when the Monopoly-Game ruble is *not* in collapse.

Were I in Petersburg, I would not be surprised to hear all the way from the Lubyanka in Moscow the FSB's laughter greeting any FBI assistance request.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Right

So what is the reward for the Wall Street bankers that sunk the economy in 2009 then?

Ah, so they've been given money, you say? Someone misunderstood the meaning of "reward" in that case?

5. DavCrav

I think I saw this guy

in a made-for-TV 1980s spy thriller. He maybe was living in a hollowed-out volcano?

6. AbelSoul

Evil Genius?

I know that term is bandied about willy-nilly but is this chap a worthy bearer of the title?

Either way, I hope he has a fluffy, white cat.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

I've seen him!

It's Uncle Fester!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The pic on the right looks like one of the Mitchell brothers from Eastenders...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like