back to article Calling all cybercrooks: Ready-made phone attack rig for sale

Cybercrooks are marketing a hardware-based tool for running denial of service attacks on telephone systems. The Telephone Denial of Service attacks (TDoS) rig is being sold by a group of cybercriminals called “TNT” from Eastern Europe via underground cybercrime forums. The tool, called “TNT Instant Up”, features a special …

1. PCS

We need the phone numbers for the fake Indian computer "support" companies....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

No point, as here they use chuck away mobiles or spoofed CLI's

1. Richard Jones 1
        Flame

That Maybe True

He did not say it was easy but I bet their 'leaders' do have phones that really beg to be rung at 3 :00 a.m. their time, - it is nice to dream.

Frankly shooting the organisers would be too good; something slower would be better like endless phone ringing and music on hold played together 24 hours per day.

2. logistix
    FAIL

I don't see what the big deal is other than it being an annoyance. Just a cat and mouse game of blocking those numbers just like we do for spam. Similarly, CDMA/GSM/3G jammers that jails and movie theaters used to use. I think those are illegal now though so people can call 911 when a kid dressed up as the joker starts shooting while eating popcorn.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

easy to kill

Very easy to track and blacklist SIMs and hardware used for this,network footprints are very clear..so clear that a 4 line script can indentify them.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like