back to article LinkedIn INKED IN with Facebook Lean In push for more women in tech

Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg has buddied up with social-network-for-suits LinkedIn to push for more women in technology as the number of female engineering students continues to shrink. "Careers in computer science and engineering are great for women (and men) – the work is high-impact, flexible, well-paid, and exciting. Yet …

1. This post has been deleted by a moderator

1. Zog_but_not_the_first Silver badge

Re: Duh-Oh

Er, go girl!

Can I say that?

1. Camilla Smythe

Re: Duh-Oh

"Can I say that?"

As long as you bring your own tub of the right sort of grease and a full set of spanners then I suppose so.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

women in technology

With the wide availability of StarBucks, Costa, etc. and coffee vending machines these days, there simply is no great need for more women in the technology sectors!

2. Teiwaz Silver badge
    WTF?

No clue

Does she come from a scientific/enginerring/IT background?

If not, clearly has nothing useful to add in encouraging other females into a proffession she herself declined.

There are deeper issues to be addressed that won't be solved by waving the magical PR wand around, unless of course this has more to do with another media friendly publicity stunt to draw attention from the parasitic nature of Faecesbook sLinkedin.

No more clue than the government trying to deal with this, issue clearly.

3. TripleM

The gender collaboration & unity of ideas will have substantial benefits for all!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019