Re: People still buy travel insurance?
If you can't afford to buy travel insurance you can't afford to travel, especially these days.
The following events, which can happen to anyone, are all covered by a DECENT travel insurance policy:
- terrorist attack or rebel siege at your hotel, on your airport, etc
- planes running late or schedules otherwise changing
- extra nights in hotels due to planes running late
- medical emergencies such as heart attack, stroke, etc - stays in hospitals anywhere in the world are expensive
- vehicle & pedestrian accidents (though if you were driving the vehicle, you might not be covered)
- having to cancel a whole or part of a holiday because of drama at home, because you got sick, because you got injured before your trip and several other circumstances.
In short, if you DON'T have travel insurance, your a dead set idiot and I will be PMSL when I hear on the news that an aussie traveller is stuck in Thailand or US or wherever with a $40k hotel bill and no way to pay.