back to article Banks, UK.gov must work together to beat cyber-nasties

Government must work closely with UK banks to improve financial institutions' infrastructure and resilience to cyber attacks, the Bank of England has warned. Banks currently view cyber attacks as a "technical" problem, rather than an issue which merits "board-level attention," it said on Tuesday in its Financial Stability …

1. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse

But...

Nothing will change until the "actual" board are held accountable - publicly.

Whilst there is no excuse, it is normally some poor overworked sod in IT who has had his budget cut to the bare bones that takes the fall for these issues rather than the money grabbing fucktards at the very top.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: But...

The "fucktards at the very top" simply pay an MP to pass the law they want, job done.

Look at the mega-bonuses being paid out (AGAIN!) whilst the UK as a whole continue to suffer.

2. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

'Banks currently view cyber attacks as a "technical" problem, rather than an issue which merits "board-level attention,"'

Post-Sony maybe this view will be a bit easier to change.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"Post-Sony maybe this view will be a bit easier to change."

No, because the taxpayer will simply cover all costs.

Again.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm confused

I thought the UK gov owned half the banks, so must be working quite closely. And you don’t get much more cyber-nasty than the UK gov so if you can't beat 'em...

AC because I work for a bank, and for the previous AC's information, like most of my colleagues, I will not be getting a "mega-bonus". They are reserved for the board members who cancel employee pension schemes or the spivs who fiddle the LIBOR.

1. Ole Juul

Re: I'm confused

I thought the UK gov owned half the banks, . . .

I think you got that backwards.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon