back to article BOFH: Santa, bloody Santa

"HE PUNCHED HIM IN THE FACE!" the Director shouts, gesturing both wildly and furiously at the absent PFY's desk. "Well yes," I say calmly, "but let's be reasonable about this - he WAS asking for it." "HE WASN'T BLOODY ASKING FOR IT!" the Director shouts again - in serious danger of bursting one or two major cranium-based …

1. Busby

Nice now I wonder if the lifts will be working correctly as the HR heavyweights leave the meeting

1. imanidiot Silver badge

Its the BOFH

What do you think?

For that matter, i'm surprised the lifts worked to get TW1 into the ambulance in the first place.

Other than that, the BOFH seems to be back into the swing of things. (He seems to have had a bit of a soft period)

1. Chris Hance
        Headmaster

@imanidiot Read closely.

All we know is that the ambulance left, not that it had any occupant. Nor do we know whether said occupant, if any, was still roughly human-shaped (note that I am not saying the HR representative was ever actually a human, just human-shaped), or needed carrying out in a bucket.

Not that this post is purely an exercise in pedantry, and does not necessarily reflect my preferences on the final state of said "truffle womble".

2. TimeMaster T
        Coat

Re: Its the BOFH

"He seems to have had a bit of a soft period"

Simon just needed to find the right woman to fix that problem.

2. Marshalltown

Gina

I think you will find that with Gina around, the lifts will actually be more reliable.

2. Cliff

Truffle Womble

+1 just for that :)

3. Denarius
    Thumb Up

Wonderful, just great

some-one else shares my loathing of Xmas and its tedious, irritating cultural relics. Well done Simon. Most enjoyable, especially "truffle wombles". What is the origin of that pejorative ? I think I have met a few. Enough truffles grown locally, rhapsodised about by wannabe food critics/snobs.

1. Joe Zeff
      Trollface

Re: Wonderful, just great

I've never been a fan of Chri$tma$ and I hate the fact that we're now getting bombarded by commercials for it in mid-November. Happy Hanukkah!

1. Terry 6 Silver badge

@Joe Zeff

November!

Where were you in September/October?

Never mind. Only a couple more weeks and the Easter Eggs will be in the shops.

2. Number6
      Coat

There was the kid who asked his mother how Santa Claus managed to be in every shop, so his mother had to explain about subordinate Clauses.

Mine's the one with the grammar guide in the pocket.

4. Anonymous IV

Part Two next week?

Too many matters left unresolved, I felt.

Or a too-abrupt ending.

Take your pick!

5. Gordon 10

Nice to see Gina back

All hail the bofhstress!

6. ukgnome

I think that....

I am beginning to warm to Gina

7. wowfood

i can understand it

I have the urge to punch people who talk over me too.

1. Chronos

Re: i can understand it

wowfood wrote: I have the urge

I'd keep that to yourself if I were...

HE PUNCHED ME IN THE FACE!

8. Nya

WTF?!

Saturday...again?!!! Thought we got that fixed last week!

1. Geoff May

Re: WTF?!

Some of us have to work on Saturday as well, especially when users are involved.

1. Hazmoid

Re: WTF?!

Bugger the users, it is the Minister for War that needs to be kept happy on weekends.

9. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge

Nice one. It has a nice recursive feel to it.

10. Cipher
    Pint

Good to see some good old ultra-violence making its way back, BOFH hasn't killed anyone in hears it seems..

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

The one a couple of weeks ago seemed to have a nice murderous ending, with the copier sales rep and the blood-stained staircase.

2. Scroticus Canis
      Gimp

"BOFH hasn't killed anyone in hears"

In Sub-basement 3 Storage Room no one can hear you scream. Unless they are locked in there with you of course....

3. ElReg!comments!Pierre

BOFH hasn't killed anyone in hears it seems..

Usually once in the hearse there's no need for any more killing.

11. Florida1920
    Coffee/keyboard

See icon

"SHE PUNCHED HIM IN THE FACE!" the Director shouts, gesturing both wildly and furiously at Gina, once the ambulance has left.

Did NOT see that coming. Neither did the victim, obviously. Best BoFH in a while.

12. Maverick

shame about the Saturday, but heck Gina . . . . I am in love

13. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Happy

Love IT

Actually, delighted it came today as well. I had to wo.. do stuff late yesterday so wasn't in the right frame of mind for t'internet by the time I got home.

14. pasmith50

Two times fourteen

Am I suffering déjà vu or are there two episode 14s? Is there some symbolism in this?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Two times fourteen

+1 for spot. Episode 15, it is.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Two times fourteen

"Is there some symbolism in this?"

No, in three times 14 there would be...

15. Herby

You get...

Female, Consultant, AND Lawyer all in one. Is there anything else in this Gina package??

Got to get a handle on this one. Looks pretty complete to me, but I amy be missing something, who knows!

16. akeane
    Happy

If only...

... Sony had a BOFH

Merry Humbug to one and all :-)

17. chivo243 Silver badge

Are they real?

Since the arrival of Gina, I get the feeling the BOFH is dreaming or hallucinating. The PFY is nearly non-existent, and when he is in the episode, he isn't the PFY, some sort of poor imitation perhaps.

1. Will Godfrey Silver badge
      Happy

Re: Are they real?

I would say the PFY took one look at Gina and was shocked into Extreme Survival Mode. Clearly he knows to keep a low profile and his mouth firmly shut.

18. TechicallyConfused

If only BOFH would translate well into something that was allowed on television we could get rid of Downton!

1. Pedigree-Pete

@TechnicallyConfused. Now that would be fun. Rather like an extreme version of The IT Crowd.

19. earl grey
    Happy

rather nice

Now, if Gina knows how to roll them up in an old rug and use lime....

20. RyokuMas
    Happy

It's been a few years...

Another BOFH, another appearance for Gina...

Could this mean that - for the first time since the PFY - we're getting a new permanent addition to the BOFH family*?

* The boss doesn't count, as there have been so many over the years. Blame stairwells, lifts doors that opened without the presence of lifts, over-voltage cattle prods, skips full of glass, spontaneous mental breakdown, etc., etc.

21. Rick Giles
    Pirate

I can't believe he missed this one...

"RIGHT, I AM DIRECTING YOU TO ENSURE THAT YOUR ASSISTANT GETS THIS LETTER TOMORROW."

Simon could have given it to the PFY on said tomorrow at 11:59 PM and still been within the directive.

22. perlcat

I used to think that Gina was a perfect match for the BOFH.

Now I know she's the One for me.

Pity that I'm already married and all.

23. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

an ACTUAL conversation I had yesterday:

boss: "my computer is being weird, the mouse is flickering all over the place, d'you think it's a Mac thing?"

me: "definitely a mac thing"

boss: "but it's brand new"

me: "doesn't matter, it's definitely a mac thing"

/in my head/

boss: "what are you doing?"

me: "did you know that the Siemens main power switch technical drawings are freely available online? And did you know that your office employs such a one?"

24. Chika
    Happy

Thank you

I have had a really shitty week so far this week. I needed this...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like