back to article Nordic Samuel Beckett meets Kafka meets Gervais: Modern office parable The Room

Anyone who’s ever toiled under the glaring fluorescence of the dreary modern office will enjoy the slow descent of Björn from meticulous “man of the future” to nutty “monster”, courtesy of an unassuming ergonomically designed private office in his building. Told entirely from Björn’s point of view, Jonas Karlsson’s The Room …

1. silent_count

eBook Publication Date 15 January (UK) / 17 February (US)

Does anyone know why there's a discrepancy between the UK and US release dates?

Looks to me like the publishers trying to give the pirate bay a leg up by creating a month long window where US customers will be able to torrent this book but aren't able to purchase it legally.

1. Cliff

Different publishers in the different territories? Translation into Seppo? Author launch book tour? It's hardly uncommon.

2. Steve Knox
      Trollface

Discrepancy

It takes two days to pick out all of those extra u's.

1. Lars Silver badge
        FAIL

Re: Discrepancy

I wrote an app for that, failed marketing it, shit.

2. PleebSmash
    Trollface

ahahaha

"What a story, Mark"

3. Vociferous

Gaming tip in absurdist Office land

Do yourself a favor and buy The Stanley Parable (available on Steam). It is a bizarre interactive novel in which you're office worker Stanley, who one day stop getting orders what to do, and, leaving your cubicle, find that everyone has disappeared and that a highly unreliable narrator narrates your every action.

I guarantee that it's as nothing you've ever played, think Douglas Adams + Waiting for Godot in an office setting.

There's a free demo you can try -- it's also brilliant, and in true absurdist spirit has nothing to do with the interactive novel.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like