back to article Three WireLurker suspects arrested in China – reports

Three people suspected of involvement in the WireLurker malware campaign have been arrested in China, according to reports. The suspects – whom the Beijing Public Security "internet" unit named only as Chen, Lee and Wang – were apparently arrested in the Beijing area following an investigation assisted by local security firm …

1. Nifty

The Chines govt must be quite miffed in a 'why didn't WE think of that' way.

I guess the miscreants are now awaiting job offers

1. wahankh
      WTF?

"Arrested" should be replaced by "offered jobs", it seems more believable.

The Chinese are useless at translating to English!

2. ecofeco Silver badge

Wait. What? Arrested? In China?

I agree with Nifty and would also add that they must have been working for the "wrong side" as well or freelancing.

3. Big-nosed Pengie
    Headmaster

"Leverage" is a noun. The verb you're looking for is "exploiting".

You're welcome.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hmmm...

WireLurker shattered the conventional wisdom that non-jailbroken iThings are incapable of being infected by malware.

It certainly suggests that profiles need better scrutiny, but you can't install a profile without the user's permission so there too you'll need some social engineering. Not that I, as a sysadmin, deem that terribly hard to accomplish (*cough*), but I wonder if you can't shield at least a business iThing with a profile of your own.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019