back to article Another ICANN Board member resigns

ICANN has seen its second Board member resign in less than a year. Olga Madruga-Forti has quit the coveted role on the last day of the domain oversight organization’s meeting in Los Angeles, raising questions about the culture inside the notoriously secretive group. The organization has provided no details, putting out a …

1. Mark 85
    Devil

Aggressive male culture?

Send them Baroness Lane-Fox. She'll set them straight.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

FIFA of the Internet?

1. Will Godfrey Silver badge
      Happy

More like Fifi

3. bpfh
    Joke

The argy phone company...

WHAT-hat ?

4. Mpeler
    Coat

ICANN?

But she CANN'T ?

Don't spy for me, Argentina?

Another lot of ICANN-artists....

5. HOW many?

Look up 'Groupthink'

An old now but genuinely insightful analysis of how organisations become dysfunctionally self-referencing.

I dunno for sure whether or not the ICANN Board stand in a circle so they can slap each other on the back in congratulation for a job well done whilst the function they're supposed to provide goes to rodent manure........... But that type of behaviour would explain quite a lot. And the Groupthink (all credit to a bloke called Janis (foreign chappie, its pronounced Yannis) nothing to do with me) model would explain how it comes about and becomes sef-sustaining in the face of any reasonable, adaptive behaviour.

Deciding that ICANN is going down the tube just because they're a bunch of self-important ****s may be satisfying, (it might even be 80%+ right) but its not enough by iself to explain the levels of cocking-up currently coming to light.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like