back to article Verizon to turn LTE faucet back on for Chromebook Pixel users

Verizon Wireless says it will work with Chromebook Pixel owners whose free LTE service was prematurely cut off to ensure that they get their 100MB of monthly mobile data for the full two-year period that was promised. Earlier we reported that some owners of the LTE edition of Google's pricey Chromebook Pixel were claiming that …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Chad H.

We understand that a very small number of Chromebook Pixel customers

An admission that chromebook Pixel customers steered clear of them?

2. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Fail 101

Piss off both Google and a bunch of high-spending early-adopters/flash-bastards to save no money.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So Verizon now says that those customers will get a full two years of service that they were offered. Shouldn't they also give a few extra months as well for the trouble those users went through? Nope, not the Verizon way.

1. Tom Samplonius

"So Verizon now says that those customers will get a full two years of service that they were offered. Shouldn't they also give a few extra months as well for the trouble those users went through? Nope, not the Verizon way."

Well, Google has already given the customers $150 in credit, so Verizon should be reimbursing Google for already doing that.

4. joe_bruin

Premature Ejection

It's usually Google that abandons its products and their users. Maybe Verizon were simply anticipating this.

5. FormerKowloonTonger
    Unhappy

Caveat Emptor LTE

That headline about the Verizon LTE "Faucet" really, really grabbed me. Other Verizon customers seem to be peeved also, if for different reasons.

I'm six weeks' into using [am very disgruntled] Verizon's MiFi LTE Mobile device, it's mouse-sized device instead of a book-sized router with a big fat wire connected to my iMac. Now I'm wireless. Nifty little gadget. Fits in your pocket. Goes anywhere. But there's a lot of potentially costly detail that remains semi-hidden or unmentioned in all of the Verizon blurbs here and there, and on their website.

The staff in their shops give the impression that they're not interested in your questions unless you're in there to actually buy something.

So, caveat emptor, potential buyers .......it suuuuucccckkkks up, vacuums, Hooooovers DATA. Yes, one can monitor one's usage, yes, I - t h i n k - accounts can be decreased. But you must sign up for two years. Do your research to see if this freedom of movement is worth the potential surprises at billing time. The speed is addictive after DSL [at least here in America] but avoid streaming movies, uploading pictures, and all data -heavy apps unless you really, really don't care about surprise monthly overage charges.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like