back to article Silent Circle raises $30m to make more anti-snoop smartphones

Silent Circle, the privacy mobile firm that touts anti-snooping hardware and software, has raised $30m in new capital and added a few new faces to its board. The firm claimed it needs the cash pile to meet “overwhelming demand” for its Blackphone, the smartphone that’s marketed as an anti-eavesdropping device. The mobile was …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Longrod_von_Hugendong
    Stop

Look at it another way...

How much money is on the tablet if you can sell backdoors to the NSA as well?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Look at it another way...

money on the tablet, or on the table? Same thing, in the end. And I'm sure all the donors's details are top secret, eh?

2. Charlie Clark Silver badge

Fuck me, funding for a real product!

NFT

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And yet..

.. they leave the real problem unaddressed.

It seems the investors and the company itself don't eat their own dog food as their email still travels to US email servers - given the previous shutdown of Silent Circle it appears they have learned very little which makes me very, very wary of this outfit - I wouldn't want their data centre in my country..

$30M is actually well in excess of what you need, so I assume a large part of that pile is to subsidise the price downwards to push competition out of business. After all, we ARE dealing with US business people here (and US investors), which are exposed to all sorts of interesting pressures like the IRS crawling up their rear end with a microscope.

4. moiety

It's a trap! --> (Insert joke icon) -->

...I hope it's a joke, anyway. Are they going to let users run their own server messaging kit or will it all run through their central server?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019