Color me naïve.
I support DRM for documents under the following stricture: It is intended to ensure I bought a copy of whatever missive Mr/Ms Babyneednewshoes has written to pay the rent. Fair's fair. I get paid for producing, so should the writer.
I am avowedly against DRM if it is merely a way of ensuring that I can only read said missive on one computer or device and that I pay multiple times for the same thing. For me a written tract is a book, to be picked up wherever and more importantly whenever I like.
My thinking extends to music. A recording is not a concert. I own the first. I attend the second at a single time and place.
For software I'm willing to countenance a seat/machine licensing model, provided I own the instantiated files needed to get it in front of me. I am rabidly against the "you licensed something but not ownership of the said bit settings yaddayaddayadda" model.
Adobe will get no more money from me, at least, not knowingly, after the "Complete National Geographic" fiasco I went through last Christmas. Briefly, I had been using this product (a gift from the previous Christmas) which forced me to use the awful, lousy, unspeakably nasty Adobe Air reader instead of giving me a bunch of pdfs. That notwithstanding the content itself was wonderful (the Air reader fought the Flesh reader every step of the way, though).
Clearly "thou shalt not copy" was the top priority, though the market for Nat. Geo. from 1920 would be small in my opinion.
I then had to rebuild my laptop to incorporate some upgrades. When I tried to re-install the Nat Geo thing it was borked by an Adobe Air upgrade that automagically intruded itself into the business. The install threw a Java error (and we all know how helpful those are, don't we kiddies?). I did what any red-blooded SA would do and downloaded an "improved" installer from Nat. Geo. - also borked.
I cleaned off the system vis-à-vis adobe, java and Nat Geo. Scrubbed it with Vim and Mr Clean. Then I isolated my machine from the tricky interwebs and ran the install again. Borked.
I used several different installation procedures recommended by Nat Geo tech support. All ended in Swedish Chef Land (borkborkbork).
Fuck knows what's wrong, but thanks to Adobe Air, never great by any stretch of the imagination when it was working, I cannot access so much as a word from this set now. It would be nice to think I could hold Adobe's feet to the fire and get either a working Nat. Geo. library or a refund of its value, but there's that ubiquitous passage in the license that says "although we do make software for a living, and although we do say we are the best at what we do, we refuse to be held accountable if said software doesn't, in fact, work". My efforts are now being put into finding something that can translate the oodles of bought-and-paid-for content into some sort of portable, readable form.
So no, Adobe, I don't think I support *YOUR* latest implementation of DRM even if I do see the point of the exercise. You are fuck useless at making active software, especially for the browser, and I can't tell you the contempt in which I hold people who call themselves engineers but who don't have the balls to stand behind their products..