back to article Winklevoss twins eye up NASDAQ: Publicly traded Bitcoin fund... what could go wrong?

The Winklevoss twins have set out plans to list their Bitcoin trust exchange on the NASDAQ to create what would be the world's first publicly traded cryptocurrency biz – if it were approved. The news comes just two days after the SEC issued an investor alert warning the public about the risks of virtual currency investments. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. JayBizzle

A fool² is easily parted with his money.

Surprised no one has managed to obtain their coins yet.

No doubt they'll have takers though if they can get it through.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Takers?

"Bitcoin value has drop 60% in 6 months, now's the perfect time to invest in it through us"

They might need to work on their sales patter.

2. Irongut

Winkelvoss

Sounds like something you use to polish your private parts!

1. Euripides Pants
      Coffee/keyboard

Re: Winkelvoss

I think I shall have to start reading these comments on a tablet as they are easier to clean than keyboards....

3. Ketlan
    Facepalm

Oh, dear me...

Winkdex? Seriously? That certainly adds gravitas.

1. Irongut

Re: Oh, dear me...

Isn't that something you use to clean windows? (the glass kind not the MS kind)

4. Peter Simpson 1
    Holmes

Pair of twits?

They may be very nice people, but their actions to date indicate to me that they are clueless and so detached from the real world as to have not a clue what to do with themselves. Fortunately, they have loads of cash, so getting a real job isn't necessary.

1. Vector

Re: Pair of twits?

Oh noes! They're tech Geniuses. They just knows they are!!!

2. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge
      Happy

Re: Pair of twits?

Have you ever seen them and Jedward in the same room? Aha!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Another pension plan down the drain

So for US $ they are selling shares in a 'trust' that trades in a crypto currency? Just when you thought these tech IPOs couldn't get any ****ing stupider. Only winners here are the Winkelvoss twins. Anyone else who dabbles in a company that dabbles in a crypto currency will just get their fingers burnt. No doubt the finest minds in financial 'investment' will have a spin on this roulette wheel

6. Cliff

Derivatives of hand-waving

Oh FFS, as if the BTC space wasn't full enough already of hand-wavey, rampy speculators because future/NSA/come the revolution/whatever

7. BongoJoe

Ah, another sign...

...that tech stocks are about to take a turn for the worse. These loopy schemes always seem to come out at the top.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like