back to article Foxconn preps for Peak Apple with FIFTEEN THOUSAND new hires

Foxconn, also known as Hon Hai Precision Industry Co, has embarked on a hiring spree in Taiwan and will welcome more than 15,000 new workers through its doors during the coming year. More than a million people now work for Hon Hai, which builds iStuff for Apple. The new staff will work in 4G wireless services, cloud computing …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Frankee Llonnygog

But, but, but...

Dear Grasper- I thought you told us we had passed peak Apple already? Presumably that was just a smaller peak in a range of summits, plateaux, cliffs, and other muddled and meretricious mountainous metaphors.

1. Ole Juul

Re: But, but, but...

Certainly 15,000 workers is more than a molehill. Though I do admit it sounds a lot like an ant hill.

2. Nifty

This'll be about the IPhone 6/iPhone Air then

3. Otto is a bear.

Oh How.....

Every British politician would love to make that kind of announcement. Mind you the same amount of money in the 5i or Europe would only pay for 1500.

4. Chairo
    Mushroom

What saved apple's bacon

is the carriers' stupidity. At least here in Japan. If you take an IPhone on a 2 years mobile contract, it is about 500yen (~£3) per month cheaper than if you choose Android, - with the exactly same conditions. (They don't offer any windows phones, btw). Japanese carriers also offer generous cash-backs, if you take an IPhone. You could nearly buy a new IPhone from the money I was offered, just this weekend.

No doubt they contracted for huge volumes and got surprised that their fellow carriers did exactly the same. As a result they dump them and the cheapest Android is still much more expensive on a contract than even the IPhone 5s.

I wonder how to call this - war for Apple share? Apple war? Anyway, as long as it lasts there will be enough work for Foxconn, I suppose.

5. TWB

All for Apple

Your headline infers all these people are for Apple manufacturing then your ~report~ effectively says 'but maybe not for Apple' - is this clickbait?

1. KjetilS

Re: All for Apple

Yes. Next question? :)

6. Chad H.

No mention of the countless other products they build?

7. Ted Treen
    Facepalm

"...for Hon Hai, which builds iStuff for Apple..."

"More than a million people now work for Hon Hai, which builds iStuff for Apple."

...and also builds a hell of a lot of non-i stuff for customers other than Apple.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

That's a lot of jobs...

...that could be provided in the UK or U.S. where Apple is selling the largest volume of their products.

1. Bob Gender

Re: That's a lot of jobs...

Wow - please post this sales data by country.

Cheers,

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Re: "the UK or U.S. where Apple is selling the largest volume of their products"

Largely contradicted for the UK here.

It would seem that it is not because you have something that everybody else does too.

Does that make you feel cooler ?

By the way, it is also contradicted for the US here.

So your post is wrong on both counts.

But hey, at least you have one !

This topic is closed for new posts.

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019