back to article Large Hadron Collider competition: VOTE NOW to choose the WINNER

The call for Reg readers to put their most inventive hats on and summon up short stories of the most evil genius or the most awesome hero that could be spawned with the aid of the Large Hadron Collider went out - and it was answered. In a bid to lay hands on the truly incredible "Large Hadron Collider Pop-Up Book: Voyage to the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Smarty Pants

Heroes 4

Just cause I'm a Steve IRL

1. Steve Evans

Re: Heroes 4

I'm Steve

(Just about resists saying "and so's my wife")

2. Dr. Ellen
    Pint

Choosing sides:

Shadowman for the Hero win, the hamster accelerator for the villain.

The hamsters could put out even more power if there were a cat behind as well as Hamster Treats (TM) before. For an even greater power boost, strap a piece of buttered toast (butter side up) to the back of the cat.

There is a Schroedinger's cat option, but it isn't worth the price. It only works half the time.

3. Faye B

Really!!!????

I have read all of these entries and I demand a recount.

1. JDX Gold badge

Re: Really!!!????

Indeed. These are the best? You didn't accidentally sort them backwards?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Oh dear, didn't yours make the cut? Boo Hoo!!

1. JDX Gold badge

I didn't enter. I think I'd have written about someone who gains powers of a Bose-Einstein condensate.

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

Can't see how you can troll in that case.....sorry I meant criticise.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Lies!

"Who will triumph? Villain, hero ... or urinal cake?"

The cake is a lie.

1. Toltec

Re: Lies!

"The cake is a lie."

Or is it a layer?

5. Rol

I liked them all.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh gods, the pain!

Everytime someone calls the Higgs Boson "God Particle" and links it to a deity or divine intervention, a dozen kitties and a dozen puppies die. Stop it, now.

What is even worse than calling the Higgs Boson "God Particle" tho, is saying that the Higgs Boson is responsible for giving particles mass. No people, its not. That is the Higgs >Field<. The Higgs Boson is a merely a side product of the experiment, that can most likely only exist if the Higgs Field exists.

I know this is fiction, but these things are as obvious as the shape of earth (ellipsoid).

1. James Hughes 1

Re: Oh gods, the pain!

Oblate spheroid, surely?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Oh gods, the pain!

I thought it was pear shaped...

7. Tom 13

Can't ... resist ....

It has to be Shadowman, because well,

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

The Shadowman knows.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Trollface

pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard...

Thank god nobody inked

9. Gobhicks

Edwin! Edwin! Edwin!

Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin! Edwin!

10. xperroni

Edwin FTW

Because I too never understood why people play tennis.

This topic is closed for new posts.