back to article Dell shareholders head in for second vote on Big Mike's plan

Dell shareholders are set to meet in Texas again today to see whether they can agree to go with Big Mike's plan to take the firm private or prefer to wait for a better offer. Investors are still pretty dubious about their founder's $24.4bn buyout offer for the firm, sources whispered to Reuters, with many feeling that the $13. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Down not across

"Investors are still pretty dubious about their founder's $24.4bn buyout offer for the firm, sources whispered to Reuters, with many feeling that the $13.65 a share they'll get is just not enough."

Well they're free to sell on the open market. Oh, I see.. might be a problem since it is currently trading at 12.88 (and opened at 13.04). On June 18th it did peak at $13.74 and closed at $13.40 (and had almost 10 times the usual volume of trades that day).

Short term investors could well be tempted by Icahns higher offer.

On the long term Michael's offer would probably be better as assuming he can turn the company around it shouldn't be unreasonable to expect share value to be higher than Icahn's offer. Perhaps even quite quickly depending on what Dell has in mind.

1. Steve Knox
      Devil

RE: open market

Well, to play devil's advocate, the mere existence of the $13.65/share offer is probably keeping the current price from rising significantly above that value, as there are very few who would like to buy a share only to have it bought back a few days later at a lower price.

1. Tom 13

Re: to play devil's advocate

Looks to me like the only time it got above that price was when the speculators thought Ichan's bid would goose the price. If you look at the chart before the current year it looks to me like Mike's bid put a floor on shareholder pricing.

2. Goth
    Black Helicopters

beat a hasty retreat forthwith

To be a heinous PC + Server vendor, be cuting your own thrifty throat. Go public be damned into a asset stripping micro-term segregated sector of the Underworld.

3. Callam McMillan

If Ichan was to get control, at least Mike would be able to buy it back for about £2.50 after Ichan fucks it up!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like