back to article O2 and Capita finally ink £1.2bn outsourcing deal

O2 has signed the expected deal outsourcing its telephone support to Capita, transferring 2,700 staff in a 10-year deal worth £1.2bn. The deal was only announced in May, though that followed months of discussion and a fair bit of rumour. The Communication Workers Union reckons this to be the UK's biggest ever outsourcing deal …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. pompurin

"O2 reckons customers don't call as much as they used to"

I can't remember the last time I rang a call centre without hearing the words 'We are currently experiencing heavy call volumes'. Be that anytime between 8am and 8pm.

1. BigAndos

NPower's are the worst, if I ring during the evening it cheerfully announces an average wait of over 40 minutes!

Anyway, back on topic. Surely this is the end of O2 providing any semblance of customer service? They aren't know as Cr*pita for nothing...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Always a popular move with the customers. The knowledge loss for the company when this happens is unreal and its the customers who suffer for it. Expect customer service quality to dive over the coming months.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

customer service dive

there's nowhere to dive from. You can always shovel in though.

3. Nick Kew
    Devil

Damn

There goes the era of O2 as a decent and responsive company.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Do the witless 'Tards who run O2 take a pay cut now on account of having a much smaller organisation to manage? No I didn't think so. Maybe just back handers from crapita.

5. Sir Barry

"so the promise of local employment in the event of site closure should calm nerves."

What a load of crap. Capita will just wait a year or so and then start shunting the jobs overseas as they usually do.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

'and operates large call centres overseas (notably in South Africa)'

Define large.

Then compare it to Capita's site in South Yorkshire where they seat about 4000 call centre staff.

I expect irreverant reporting in the Register which is why I love it so much but facts would be helpful.

7. Fading
    Coat

Time to change supplier

I've been meaning to leave O2 for awhile - news like this is just the kick up the backside I needed.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Time to change supplier

I've been thinking about it but I'm the only O2 customer in my family and I get the discount on O2 broadband. When the broadband move to the Evil Empire is complete I might change to Giffgaff, but it seems Three have a good deal now. The call centre isn't much of a problem for me because there's an O2 shop in my town and the last time I called customer services for mobile was when my phone got pinched about 7 years ago.

8. Fading
    Coffee/keyboard

Well it ony took an hour and ten.....

To cancel my contract - transcript available :o)

Time to take my PAC elsewhere.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like