back to article Court says startup swiped IP for high-frequency trading tech

Zeptonics, the Australian company that last year promoted the “world's fastest switch”, has suffered a legal reversal after Australia's Federal Court decided some of the the company's technology, namely that used in its ZeptoLink, ZeptoNIC, ZeptoAccess KRX and Crosswise ATS products, was not its own. The case of Zomojo Pty Ltd …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Esskay
    Facepalm

Are Zeptonics a publicly listed company?

I hope so, if only for the irony that their own (or, more appropriately given the court decision, Zomojo's) HFT technology and algorithms would be crucifying them on the stock exchange right now.

2. Schultz
    Unhappy

Giant squids hogging the marketplace

Every penny for the high-frequency traders one out of the pocket of a poor pensioner, who just doesn't understand why his shiny pension fund always underperforms the market. The magic earnings must come out of some pocket.

3. ecofeco Silver badge
    Trollface

"Zeptonics takes pride in our integrity, people"

Sociopath alert!

4. Drew 11
    FAIL

CLose but no biscuit

"Practitioners of HFT simply cannot tolerate the latency offered by conventional networking kit, as a few milliseconds' delay can be the difference between a profitable trade and an unwelcome loss."

No, HFT isn't about profit and loss, it's only about profit - getting in between pleb traders on slow systems and taking a cut on the way through.

10 goto zerohedge.com

20 search "hft"

30 for i = 1 to 10

40 read article

50 next

60 cls

70 print "holy crap"

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Jail time I hope

I didn't see a reference to an arrest warrant.

Breach of the Corporations Act is shirley a criminal offence?

1. Oddb0d

Re: Jail time I hope

You would do well to learn the difference between criminal and civil proceedings. This was a civil dispute between two private parties, unless one of the parties ignores the Judge's orders then a custodial sentence is not an option.

This topic is closed for new posts.