back to article Big Blue Fellow lured aboard by Dell

Dell has recruited IBM fellow and CTO Jai Menon to be the chief technology officer for its Enterprise Solutions Business, meaning servers, storage and networking. Menon spent 25 years at IBM, becoming a Big Blue vet, a career which culminated as the chief technology officer (CTO) and VP for technical strategy for IBM's Systems …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Come on...

"So it’s this combination of technology transformation and the opportunity it creates for Dell which I found intriguing and when the offer came to join the company, I saw it as too good to pass up."

In other words, money.... Dell offered him more money. No one goes to Dell to work on cutting edge technology.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I think you are right on the money there.

Dell innovating, yeah right.

2. dlc.usa
    Boffin

He's Likely To Miss...

...the aggregate smarter infrastructure he's left behind. I doubt Dell has anything approaching what he had access to. However, it may be they really aren't expecting any great innovation to obtain, only increased customer buy-in due to his rep.

3. Mark Cathcart
    Thumb Up

Guys, I know I'm trying to make the blind see, but really there are some cool things going on over here at Dell now, yes we really are innovating. Not everyone is motivated purely by money, for some of us its really about the opportunity to build technology that solves real problems.

For the record, in addition to Jai in the Server Group, Don Ferguson former IBM Fellow is CTO in Software Group, myself and Graeme Dixon are working with Don, we are both former IBM Distinguished Engineers and Academy of Technology members. Add to that some outstanding technical talent from recent acquisitions such as Kitenga, Force10, SonicWall and we think we can do great things.

1. dlc.usa
      Boffin

Cool, Mr. Cathcart

I really hope you guys can demonstrate impact to the bottom line sufficient to justify your continuing efforts at innovation there. Of course, you'll need the help of marketing, won't you?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like