back to article Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Judging by the lawsuits flying around, Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 10.1 has been the only Android tablet to seriously worry Apple. Quite why is a mystery, because it has sold in nothing like the numbers of the iPad. Will the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 prove more of a threat by being cheaper rather than better? Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Take …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. dotslash

So for half the price, this would be better than a nexus 7?

Shame Samsung aren't selling at a loss to get their films/books/tv shows into the palm of our hands...

1. frank ly

"... selling at a loss to get their films/books/tv shows into the palm of our hands."

I wonder why someone like Sony hasn't done this? They could team up with an estalished (and non-competing) internet payments processor like Visa or Paypal and deliver content using an iPlayer-like app.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

It has a wonderfully plasticky feel to it ummmmmm.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

too bad

for them.

they're just lucky Google decided not to release a 10 inch variant of this nexus thingy. It'd be 300 quid, no sd card, but the rest of the specs would leave Samsung sitting in the starting blocks, smoking dope.

1. Brangdon

Re: too bad

And that may not last. A search for "Nexus 10" throws up some claimed evidence that Google has ordered a load of 10" screens.

It seems that Google is making it hard for anyone else to profit from Android tablets.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

yea but

A search for Alien life will also throw up some claimed evidence, as will one for a 7" ipad.

It can't all be real (although I do hope google will do a 10" Nexus pad)

3. Efros
    Thumb Down

Meh

My 18 month old Viewsonic g-tablet scores 6426 in AnTuTu, and it cost $249 then. Can be had on ebay for about $150.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Meh

Just like with crap cars, it's depreciation on a huge scale.

4. tmTM

Value For Money

Samsung usually provides this in spades with other tech, they can't get tablets right tho.

This is overpriced and far too late to the market, it should have been kicked last year as a refresh for the tab 10.1, not now as the Tab2.

5. rahul
    Coat

Does anyone else...

...think that the "mini-apps" look like WebOS's (PalmOS's) "app cards"?

All sammy needs is another kick in the patent-pants.

Knocking down the processor should help in bumping the battery life up, so I guess I think that's OK.

6. boatman

Alas, I've no AnTuTu benchmark score for the first generation Tab to hand

I have a galaxy tab 10.1 to hand and here are the numbers

TOTAL - 4907

CPU 2501

RAM 804

GPU 1128

I/O 475

7. Andy 36
    Big Brother

Now playing 2012 mkv

I wonder if that's a legitimate copy of 2012 playing in the video player that supposedly handles all codecs

1. Al Taylor
      Happy

Re: Now playing 2012 mkv

It's only the 3 minute trailer.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

There are also some decent pre-installed apps...

I wouldn't mind crapware on tablets as long as it can be removed without having to root the device.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like