back to article Atlassian, Zynga among San Francisco's best town bikes

Australia’s developer darling Atlassian, Zynga, AirBnB, Rackspace and less-techy corporate brethren Levi's and Veritable Vegetable have been recognised as the most bike-friendly employers in San Francisco. The tech companies scored the gong at San Francisco's annual Bike to Work Day, at which Mayor Edwin Lee and the SF Bicycle …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. jake Silver badge

Bicycleistotards ...

... are a big part of the commute problem in little itty bitty teeny tiny[1] San Francisco. Use public transport, or walk, you neon-clad, un-paid advertising billboard, stop-sign ignoring scoff-law twats!

[1] Only 7x7 miles ...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Bicycleistotards ...

If its 7x7 why not leave the car & RIDE/walk/public transport instead?

1. Irongut

That's exactly what he said you reading impared anonytard!

1. Graham Marsden
          FAIL

@Irongut - No, the OP wanted people to stop RIDING as well.

If more USA-ians got out of their cars and tried riding or walking or using public transport, maybe they wouldn't be such a nation of lard-arses.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

And smug, you forgot smug. In fairness, most bicyclists I observe are not the Spandex-clad variety, they're mostly skinny-jeans-wearing hipsters with their ass-cracks hanging out so they can be obnoxious both coming and going.

Anonymous, because I know too many SFBC types.

1. jake Silver badge

Remember, San Francisco is a major hub between the North Bay, the East Bay, and the South Bay[1]. Not all cars traveling through San Francisco stop in San Francisco during any given commute. Maybe most cars do not (I can't be arsed to look up the actual numbers). The bicycalistotards clog the commute ... especially during the monthly so-called "Critical Maess" protests. Why the cops don't enforce the existing "impeding the flow of traffic" statutes is beyond me ... would be a pretty penny for The City's coffers.

[1] There is no West Bay, but I wish I were out there right now ... A friend reports the tuna are biting :-)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

There is sufficient demand for the secure bicycle parking at Deutsche Bank on London Wall that RFID tags are attached to the bikes to confirm your access.

Security guards check the tags on the way into the loading bay to confirm that you're allowed in, and again on the way out to check that you 're leaving on same bike as you arrived on!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like