1. Dominic Connor, Quant Headhunter

Bankers

An odd film that has got little media attention is "Margin Call" starring Kevin Spacey and Zachary Quinto (Spock, Cyler) It's odd because the brilliant physics PhD at the centre (Quinto) isn't portrayed as socially dysfunctional which I thought was compulsory in the artsgrad dominated film biz.

What is also odd is that it is so accurate. My work means I hang out in banker forums and every single banker who's seen it says it is bang on the money. That's not to say that the bankers are made to look good, indeed there is not a single character who emerges as a hero and no one gets the girl.

The Jeremy Irons character and Quinto are so very very like the people I know who do what they do that if I met them in character I'd assume that's what they really were.

It's not an action film, there's no sex and the humour is both rare and obscure, yet its the beest film about how banks did what they did you will ever see.

2. Jock in a Frock
    Thumb Up

It's a very good film. Zachary Quinto plays his part brilliantly. I did think Jeremy Irons' character was a little clichéd, but his speech about how it was the same in '29, '34, '51 etc did resonate. I think the 2008 bubble bursting was necessary, but unfortunately it's the little guy left to pick up the bill.

Scary to see how cavalier these people can be with our money.

3. Citizen Kaned

i will watch this

big kevin spacey fan and quinto has something about him that the screen loves.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon