back to article Azure's storage cloud was never at stake, insists storage cloud biz

Microsoft Azure's processing of bits in the cloud fouled up yesterday, but its storage of bits in the cloud was unaffected. Andres Rodriguez, the CEO of cloud storage gateway supplier Nasuni, wants to tell everyone that Azure's cloud storage is first class, platinum-plated and absolutely A-OK. Yesterday Azure's storage …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well, that's what they say

I think they said the same about sidekick until a few days later...

1. Ursheet Parikh

Re: Well, that's what they say

We have dozens of Fortune 500, Government and Enterprise customers who are using our solution with Azure Storage. Many of these customers are some of the best known brands in the world. Most of these companies are not the ones who make their names disclosed publicly in terms of technologies they use. You can some of our public case studies at http://www.storsimple.com/cloudsuccess

Microsoft Azure BLOB Storage Service was not impacted by this set of events and so none of our customers using Azure were impacted. Even last April during the Amazon outage the Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) was not impacted either.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Can someone correct me please if I'm wrong

According to the completely unbiased Andres Rodriguez "Cloud compute and the cloud services such as Amazon EBS that depend on cloud compute".

As far as I understood it it's Amazon's cloud compute service (EC2) that depends on EBS and not the other way around. EC2 instances must have at least 1 EBS volume to run, but there's nothing to stop a user from creating multiple volumes in EBS without ever going near EC2. I've done this at least 10 times today. Also nowhere in the Amazon documentation can I find any reference to what this guy is on about

Forgive me if I'm wrong here - but if that's the level of this guy's understanding then I shudder to think what level of service his customers receive.

3. Tony Reeves 1
    WTF?

Don't Get The Status

"The Amazon storage cloud "was used internally at Amazon for over a decade. It stores billions of objects with over 99.9 per cent availability and 99.999999999 per cent of data durability"

99.9% availability would note come close to satisfying our users. And WTF is data durability?

4. Mikel

Storage is much simpler than compute

One would hope they don't lose any data at this point.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like