back to article The El Reg book library - now on ePub

You asked for it, now you're going to get it. We're talking about making the El Reg collection of ebooks available on ePub as well as Kindle. Now you can enjoy the finest collected writing from our crack journalists on your Kobo, Sony Reader, Android tablet or Nook. Or all the above, if you're that way inclined. So if you …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Martin
    Thumb Up

Prices would be useful...

But nevertheless, much appreciated !

2. Jedit Silver badge
    Boffin

Not to be pedantic or anything...

... but I can already read books on my Kindle in a Faraday cage. I just can't download them directly to it.

3. jai

needs more V. Stob books

[as in title, so in post]

4. Velv
    Headmaster

"the only hardware you'll definitely need is some plastic with a stripe on it"

Er, no, since payment is by Paypal which has no requirement for a card (although a card is one of several handy options).

Now, where did I put my BitTorrent client......

1. Mr Young
      Happy

Eer, I don't know?

I've used PayPal now and again and I seem to recall I had to verify my bank account? Guess what - I had to get my Card out to check the details! Anyway, the implication is I have to pay money for something - that's totally put me right off the idea!

5. Richard Fletcher

Books

Could do with a bit more of a blurb on that page, perhaps a page count? A table of contents for each book? I can imagine Reg books being good, but I can also imagine that they contain stuff that's already on the website. So I could do with knowing how much I'm likely to have read already.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Probably all of it

The ebooks don't really seem to have anything more than what's on the website.

Not even a table of contents either.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So the new ePubs are DRM-free? Then they should also work with Apple's iBooks app on iOS devices.

Might be worth mentioning this in the blurb too, if so.

7. Pooka
    WTF?

Dear El Reg,

Why does the banner link from that page not take me to the main register home page?

Is it me that's broke, or your page?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Dear El Reg,

It's us - we'll fix. Thanks for the catch.

This topic is closed for new posts.