back to article Asus pushes Prime pre-orders

Asus has said some 16 UK retailers are now taking advance orders for its Nvidia Tegra 3-based Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich tablet-netbook combo, the Eee Pad Transformer Prime. The list of sellers includes all the familiar names, including Amazon, Argos, Asda, Comet, Currys, eBuyer, John Lewis, PC World and Tesco. The price …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. G R Goslin

Amazon ?

Amazon seem to be hiding it well, if they are taking pre-orders for the thing

2. Alex Galbraith
    Thumb Up

Ordered!

Woohoo! Cant see it on Amazon, or several of the other vendors at the moment but went for ebuyer instead (theyre usually reasonably reliable). In the time it took me to put in my CC details, they sold another 5 (currently 183 left for pre-order).

1. Lab Monkey

Did you get any option on which colour was ordered? I cant see any mention of it on the site.

1. turnip handler

171 left when I visited and you can pick out of two colours:

http://www.ebuyer.com/asus?hpb=3

3. Thomas 4
    Thumb Up

Can't wait for this new Asus slab!

Especially the bit where it changes into a robot and punches you for having an iPod.

1. Nuno
      FAIL

It's a shame...

..that they opted to make the keyboard incompatible with the previous model.

So, if I buy one of these (and I'm really thinking about it), will I have to throw the keyboard out, when I decide to upgrade to the next model? It really makes no sense (other than Asus wanting to sell another keyboard)

4. Morri

Noticed that ones silver not champagne,must be for other markets?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I can't find the "old" 16 Gb model for £299. Any help? Online or in central London.

6. Wanda Lust
    Pint

Amazun

Search Amazon for "asus tf201" - they're only offering the "gold" finish at the moment. Prefer the Amethyst Grey.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

bundle only

Why are Asus only offering the keyboard bundle here? Whilst it may be appealing to some, I don't want to pay an extra £100 for a keyboard, if I really wanted a keyboard I would get a netbook or stick with a real laptop.

8. Richard Johnson 1

AC re: bundle only

It's pre-order, im sure they'll become more flexible when it's actually released. Or, why not take a look at a Lenovo LePad K2 instead?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Hopefully there will be plenty of options to consider once CES starts, as long as it doesn't take months for them to be released over here.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like