back to article Facebook finally rolls out Timeline feature... but only in NZ

Kiwis are the guinea pigs for Facebook's Timeline feature, which the company announced in September with a lot of fanfare, but is now cautiously rolling out to users of the site. New Zealanders are the first to see Timeline show up in their Facebook accounts. We're guessing that means at least one million people in that …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ol'Peculier
    FAIL

Lawyers...

I thought another company was suing them over the concept and they had already called theirs a "timeline"?

2. J. R. Hartley

I, for one, welcome..

and so forth...

3. stuartnz
    Thumb Down

Why pick on us?

I am an Aotearoan, and having had a couple (so far, literally) of my friends adopt the timeline, I am very much underwhelmed. It looks cluttered and busy and garish. Living up here at the top of the world has its advantages, but being first to suffer the Timeline is not one of them.

4. Michael Duke

I am liking it even though the history is a little slow.

5. Fremma

Not bad but not worth the hype

My Timeline has arrived and, well, its not bad but I'm struggling to see the point of it. Perhaps it will grow on me over time.

Comparing my timeline to those of my friends, one thing is obvious: it works better with lots of photos. It turns out I've only ever loaded one photo (other than my profile pic) onto Facebook and so now that is the centrepiece of my life, apparently. I don't think this will inspire me to upload several gigabytes of pictures but I might be tempted to find one or two selected ones just so no-one thinks I am actually a ginger cat (whatever was I thinking?).

1. Gavin King

Hmm.

Now, I have never loaded a picture onto Facebook at all. Does this mean that I won't have any sort of life at all?

6. Dagg Silver badge
    Big Brother

This is normal to use NZ as a trial

NZ has a relativily small population that has a similar demographic to the UK, Aus and the US so a lot of companies have tried stuff in NZ, if it fails then they don't bother releasing it anywhere else. If it really f**ks up then the damage is minimal.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like