back to article Shoppers a boon for Oz Post

Australia Post has punctured the myth that Internet imports are killing Australian business, telling a conference that most 'net purchases in this country are from local e-tailers. CEO Ahmed Fahour told the Committee for Economic Development (CEDA) event that around 70 percent of Post's once-waning parcel business now comes …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

#$%$ AusPost

I rarely get mail because their posties are so lazy they refuse to ride their motorbikes the 1 meter extra to reach my letterbox (I'm on a standard 400sqm residential block, but the letter box is embedded into the wall around the front courtyard - which is set back about 1 meter further than my neighbours letter boxes).

The only mail I get is the "sorry we missed you" tickets from the couriers - because it's easier to put a ticket in the letter box than open the gate (which is immediately adjacent to the afore mentioned letterbox) and cross 2 meters of courtyard to knock on the front door. Their excuse? "The gate was locked!" Sorry but the gate is never locked, your couriers are just lazy bastards

Strangely, they have no trouble opening the gate when they are doing a pickup rather than a delivery.

Good help is just soo hard to find :(

2. Michael Hoffmann Silver badge

Silence in Aus MSM

As of this moment, none of this is being reported in the Australian mainstream media (checking only Fairfax right now). Guess Harvey-Norman called their editors and gave instructions to prepare another article on how hard off they are instead.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Finally, some sense

I worked for Post for years. Many of the staff tried to get management to see the potential of the web for parcels. Management at the time just went 'meh'. In fact, back then, the Internet was pretty much shunned by senior management, including their own site.

Post could really clean up in this space, looks like they have finally seen the light.

This topic is closed for new posts.