back to article Sony officially rolls-out fresh PlayStation firmware

Sony has officially unveiled its latest PlayStation update, which, as expected, introduces PS Vita support. Firmware version 4.00 allows the PS3 to share music, video and images with the Vita, as well as game saves and additional connectivity features. The update also ushers-in several PS3-specific upgrades, such as Blu-ray …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Canonymous Howard
    Unhappy

Yay, another update

True story - I sold my house in March and put all my stuff (inc my PS3) into storage. We finally moved into our new place last week, so yesterday I sat down to have a quick half hour gaming session. I had to install updates and therefore didn't get a game. This morning, I had another (rare) half hour free, so again turned on my PS3 and again had to install another update. I've still not played a game on my PS3 since March.

Sucks.

2. AdamWill
    Thumb Up

very droll

"Lovely Vita meeter made"

ten points, that man.

3. Canonymous Howard
    FAIL

Yay, another update

True story - I sold my house in March and put all my stuff (inc my PS3) into storage. We finally moved into our new place last week, so yesterday I sat down to have a quick half hour gaming session. I had to install updates and therefore didn't get a game. This morning, I had another (rare) half hour free, so again turned on my PS3 and again had to install another update. I've still not played a game on my PS3 since March.

Sucks.

4. APA
    Flame

These "optional" updates are getting on my nerves. I wanted to watch LoveFilm while I still have the account (seriously thinking of cancelling due to their switch to Silverlight) but couldn't due to the PSN's policy requiring up-to-date firmware. So, answer me this, why do Sony think they can hold my LoveFilm account ransom just because I don't want to apply a useless update? Useless to PS3 owners that is, it doesn't do anything for my and the Vita won't even be released for ages yet!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like