back to article Would you go to Facebook for mobile tech support?

Nokia Siemens Networks is punting Facebook integration to mobile phone operators that reckon their customers would prefer using a social network over calling tech support. The software provides the same kind of support and information available on most operator's sites, simply integrated with Facebook. This is on the grounds …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Mushroom

I wouldn't go to Farcebook for ANYTHING.

What a crock.

2. Captain Scarlet
    Trollface

Could backfire

The Your Tech Support Sucks message is never good for Business, neither is the being cut off for some reason by the company you slated on Facebook.

1. Wize

Which is why Facebook only has a Like button. Just do what Brayhead shopping center did and hide the negative comments.

3. Far Canal
    FAIL

Farcebook? I wouldn't sign up for that crap if it wasn't crap and if I called tech support for something and they pointed me to facebook, I'd yell and scream until they gave me another option after which I'd look to replace whatever product it was that I had a problem with in the first place. When will this crap end?

4. Chris 171
    Stop

No

See title.

A human is fine thanks.

5. Atonnis

Welcome to FBTS...

Hi! My phone button seems to be stuck down and the other keys don't really work...

...501 people Like This...

'Your best friend replied 'LOLZZXXORRZZZ LUSER! GET A FUKIN GUD FONE INSTED!''

'Zynga would like to take all of the data off of your phone, would you like to allow it?'

1. Rich 2 Silver badge
      Happy

Brilliant!

6. Framitz
    Flame

No way Jose

I won't go to Facebook for anything, EVER.

7. Pirate Peter

faceache or offshored call centre???

dont have a faceache account so the leaves only offshored call centre

but i would rather give my credit card number to an offshored call centre than give any information to faceache

basically you would be screwed by both but at least the offshored call centre you might be able to order a good takeaway or have a laugh at them trying to see how far you can get them off their script

8. pctechxp
    Joke

What if you can't stand facebook

The response would probably be 'well you csn't have a working mobile then...bitch'

9. JaitcH
    Thumb Down

No bloody way - FB is a social leach

Zucker what not treats subscribers as commodities selling anything they can glean from postings.

Thankfully his web site is blocked in my country, along with China. I love those acres/hectares of white space where that bastards advertisements are supposed to display.

I also block him from advertising on all of my web sites.

If I need support, I go to the vendors web site. If the vendor uses FB, I don't buy their products.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Closed Groups

We have been using FB for support for a few months. It is totally optional - no other method has been withdrawn. We use a closed group. Only a few dozens of users though.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like