back to article Microsoft pops Hadoop into SQL Server and Azure

Microsoft has announced that it will integrate Hadoop into its forthcoming SQL Server 2012 release and Azure platforms, and has committed to full compatibility with the Apache code base. The news was announced in the opening keynote of Redmond’s PASS Summit 2011 in Seattle on Wednesday. The first technology preview of the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Fuzz

Stop messing with the interface

"...with a redesigned interface that allowed for touch control..."

What's wrong with the current interface, it works well for me. By all means tweak it, polish it, but don't make me learn where everything is again, and why does everything need touch control. People aren't going to be doing db administration or writing SQL queries on a tablet. SQL server is not Angry birds.

2. Tom Chiverton 1
    FAIL

Backwards

"we want to make sure the code base of Apache stays compatible with what we will be offering"

No, it's up to Microsoft to be compatible with Apache. This could end badly.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

@Fuzz - don't worry!

As long as it stays how Denali looks, what they've done is unify the "look" á la Visual Studio but for me it most certainly retains the "feel" of SQL Server Management Studio. Some of the integration stuff has changed but mostly for the better, I feel.

4. Thomas_Kent
    Joke

Am I the only one...

...who read that as: "MICROSOFT POOPS HADOOP INTO SQL SERVER AND AZURE"?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like