back to article CIA's DARPA working on human-brain-mimicking tech

The company which built the first ever internet nodes back in the 1960s – and which gave the world the "@" symbol in email, among other things – has been hired by the US intelligence community to work on technology which could mimic "the brain's ability to make sense of large amounts of haphazard, partial information". Back in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. The Jase
    Terminator

Thy shalt not

Thy shalt not make a machine in the image of a man's mind!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Joke

your mind

Thy shalt not make a machine in the image of your mind.

If they'd like it to remember up to 1/2 of some obscure facts, smoke two packs of non-filters every day, and occasionally drink itself into oblivion, then they should make it in the image of my mind (and lungs and liver.)

2. Brutus
      Headmaster

It's not Thy...

it's Thou. :) Thy is possessive - I think. Thee and Thou being dative and nominative. Or somesuch, it's a long time since my grammar classes.

2. david willis
    Pint

Decision Making System

Damn, its obvious what will happen. Device takes lots of info feeds and detemines best course of action. Results;

1. Beer is bad for you.

2. Go with wind power

3. Lower your salt intake

4. Take more excercise

5. Get your 3 year old to take more excercise.

We know the above is boll@x, we just haven't had a machine tell us to do it.. yet...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Big Brother

Decision Making System

"we just haven't had a machine tell us to do it.. yet..."

We have, I married it

4. moonface
    Terminator

CIA's DARPA and tin foli hats

"hired by the US intelligence community to work on technology which could mimic "the brain's ability to make sense of large amounts of haphazard, partial information"."

I look forward to the day when beige computers everywhere, demand shiny lian li cases, and not because they look good!

5. ~mico
    Joke

I, for one, welcome...

wait... where's the welcome rug? oh noes, we're doomed.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like