back to article Intel drives up flash drive warranty

Intel has put another brick in the wall of its enterprise SSD supply house and boosted the SSD 320's warranty from three to five years. The SSD 320 was only introduced in March, so Intel's experience with shipped 320s must have been good enough to justify the warranty extension. Existing SSD owners as well as new buyers of the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. BristolBachelor Gold badge
    Joke

Warranty

"...Up to 220 MB/sec"

"the warranty says Intel's SSD 320 will "substantially conform" to these performance numbers"

Ah, but it's like ADSL UPTO. As long as it doesn't go OVER 220MB/sec, it is covered by the specification.

0 MB/sec sir? It's still in spec sir unless it's OVER 220MB/sec so there's nothing we can do....

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

reliability

Having around 100 based Intel SSD machines in my organization I can understand why they are doing this. Not had a single disk fail yet.

1. meteort
      Alert

Back up NOW

Hit the backup button now, doowles. With a statement like that, you are doomed!

3. a_been

Good

Sad to say i don't think this will affect consumers as Intel AFAIK dosn't sell SSD's to consumers. They should get the balls and start selling these direct, it would force everyone else to raise theire game.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like