Resolution downgrade ...
- "Please explain then the attraction of 720p?"
- And being charged through the nose for blowing your 50GB monthly limit, or face downgrading your broadband to 250kbps, like my ISP, thus ruining your game?
What would happen then, would the game convert to Genesis resolutions, 320 x 224? Thought not.
This fails is so many levels:
1. It requires uber-broadband. Duuuhh. Not everybody can afford that on monthly basis, but one-shot on the wallet and get you a PS3 or Xbox 360 is doable.
2. It would cost monthly fee in all games, regardless they are MMORPGs, multiplayer or not. Ka-ching $$$. No s*it Sherlock.
3. Lag would get you killed in games designed to be played single. Try driving a F1 car at 300 km/h with a 40ms lag, you dimwits. 40ms is the difference between the winner of the race and the 6th place, you morons. You'd be lucky not to become the wall painting outside the next curve.
Do you even know why producers gave up on releasing a sizeable amount of driving games on multiplayer?
Any wild guesses, anyone?????
And I won't even mention flying games where you go Mach 1+.