back to article Opera betas open source web debugger

Opera has released the first official beta version of Dragonfly, its open source debug tool for web developers. Similar to Mozilla's Firebug tool, Dragonfly debugs JavaScript, CSS, DOM, and HTML code, and it supports newer web technologies such as SVG and various HTML5 APIs. The tool includes a network inspector that lets you …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. DonaldTwain
    WTF?

Surely some mistake

I've been using dragonfly for ages in Opera 11, it is very good, perhaps this story simply refers to a new version?

2. Patrick O'Reilly

Beta of a new version

Dragonfly was released ages ago, this is a beta of a new build

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Opera:Config live links

Glad to see the open-source Dragonfly getting more visibility. It allows remote debugging of mobile web sites from your computer also. Very cool!

FYI, you can wrap the <a href="opera:config#DeveloperTools|DeveloperToolsURL">"opera:config" Dragonfly link</a> within an HREF statement and it will be clickable when using Opera.

4. Lars Silver badge
    Joke

⌘+⌥+I

I had the impression that Apple was some hove supposed to be easy to use.

How do you actually pronounce that.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

FYI

It's pronounced "shit bibble".

2. Steven Raith

Pronunciation

In my slightly tired mind, that looks like Command plus Option plus i for Indigo. MIght be L for Lima I suppose.

Not that bad really.

Steven R

3. mafoo
      Jobs Halo

⌘ = the following

If your an old mac user ⌘ is pronounce "apple",

Otherwise 'splodge', 'thingy' or even 'command' are usable pronunciations.

4. ScissorHands
      Flame

don't feed...

Command + Option + I

5. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Simple...

⌘ is "command" or "cmd" and ⌥ is "option" or "alt", so "⌘+⌥+I" reads "cmd+alt+I", which is what people would actually type, but since this is a Metz article...

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Well ...

... a client of mine runs an entire office of macs. They don't know how to pronounce those buttons and they don't know that they're called "cmd" or "alt".

Usability fail.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Eh?

I've been using dragonfly for ages....think you need to research the blogs you pilfer from a little better....

Oh and to run it?

Right click > inspect element.

6. James Howat

Beta, not alpha

You may have been using Dragonfly for ages, but you were using an alpha version. This is the first release of the beta And as for pilfering from blogs - does that include official announcements?

http://www.opera.com/press/releases/2011/03/14/

7. Tom 38
    Headmaster

DragonFly

DragonFly is an already used name in the open source arena. I wonder if Opera knew/cared.

If you think I'm being pedantic, Mozilla Phoenix became Mozilla Firebird because Phoenix Technologies threatened to sue, and Mozilla Firebird became Mozilla Firefox because it conflicted with an obscure, rarely used, open source version of InterBase, a DB engine that has since descended to obscurity*.

* My apologies if you use Firebird/Interbase. You can commiserate with the other 17 users if you like.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like