back to article VMware takes on Google Apps with Zimbra 7

VMware is ramping up the rhetoric against Google Apps with today's launch of Zimbra 7, the latest iteration of the email and collaboration software the company picked up early last year from Yahoo! The Zimbra Collaboration Server, as the software is now called, is available for Canonical's Ubuntu, Red Hat's Enterprise Linux, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. mraak

Yahoo?

I knew heard of Yahoo having something like that.

2. Neoc

Yoh!

"There are more than 40,000 registered users (up by 25 per cent) on the Zimbra community, and it is hard to say how many of them have downloaded the open source edition of Zimbra"

<puts hand up> I'm one - my home mail server uses Zimbra Open Source with the web interface. Makes it easy to create one-off email addresses.

Now if only I could sync my HTC Blackstone's calendar/contacts with it, I'd be a happy boy.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Up

Sync....

Hi

I manage to sync my wife's iphone and my windows 6.5 mobile with the Zimbra "free" appliance... works like a charm, I would have thought you could have sunk a HTC.....

Wonder how easy it will be to upgrade my version 6 appliance to 7...

M

2. skipper
      Go

Syncing Android calendar and contacts to Zimbra

With the Zimbra appliance free version (you have to register for a free 10 user license) you get ActiveSync syncing. No idea how well this works, I have the appliance but not an Android, but from the forums it seems to work

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like