back to article Wot? No glasses! Tosh goes 3D crazy

Toshiba talked up glasses-free 3D viewing for its first day splash at CES. The Japanese company will start selling big 3D TVs - 40in and above- which don't require glasses in in April, it said in a Bloomberg briefing. Tosh already sells 12in and 20in glasses-free 3D TVs in its home country. The company is also prepping …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. David Gosnell

Progress...

... from 3D TV with one set of glasses provided but extras available at considerable cost, to 3D TV where only one viewer will ever be able to watch it properly, full stop? (Unless the classic image of the family on the sofa is consigned to history, replaced by the family on the upholstered bobsleigh).

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Are they not listening?

Nobody wants 3D, NOBODY!

Most of the "3D" media you can get (with the exception of toy story) is not 3D, it's a 2D video which has been made selectively blurry and all out of kilter by Intel, who seem to think they have a way to turn 2D movies into stunning 3D. Intel; you can't, just stop it.

1. TakeTheSkyRoad
      WTF?

Not quite nobody....

I want it :) Though I'm less keen on movies where it's mostly a gimmick and much more interested in games. Particually driving games are supposed to be particually good with 3D enabled though I think I'd like to see it demo'd before I fork out my hard earned cash.

3. chris

Starting somewhere.......

I think that this is ground work for a "Home Theater" revolution. They are pushing crap at us because they do not have the production/low cost ability to sell to the consumer.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that one day when I watch a movie at home I will truly feel as if I am in the movie itself.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like