back to article The Economist publishes iPad app

Anti-Corn Law nag rag The Economist has arrived on the iPad and iPhone in the form of a dedicated app. Subscribers - whether of the web or paper version - don't have to pay for the tablet-enscribed content. The rest of us will have to cough up £3.49 for each issue, billed through iTunes. The app itself is free. Rim PlayBook …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Sekundra
    Boffin

Subscriptions

Er in fairness the Annual Digital subscription (which includes access to back issues) is actually £99, or about £2 per week...

http://www.economist.com/products/subscribe

2. Colin Hillier
    Thumb Up

At last...

How long did that take?

Maybe now I'll actually read the thing...

1. Charlie Clark Silver badge

Listen to it

Subscription also includes an excellent reading of the issue, cover to cover or selected sections as you prefer, which is great if you're on the move. Far more important and innovative for me than any device-specific application.

3. Robocat
    Go

Fantastic - also available as an iPhone app

Just downloaded the app (also available for the iPhone) and my first impressions are that it's excellent.

4. Mark .
    Thumb Down

news?

Why does the Ipad need a special "app" - can't it use the website like the rest of us?

And if it offers something more, why don't they support popular platforms, such as Windows, Symbian and Android? This obsession with the Ipad is like living in a world where every website were to release a Mac application, and everyone forgets about the 90% of us using Windows. Except the number of people with Iwhatevers is far less than the 10% Mac share...

(And why is this news? Or is the Register now doing free Apple advertising like the rest of the media?)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like