back to article HP names SAP vet as chief exec

HP's board has elected ex-SAP CEO Léo Apotheker as their company's new CEO and president, and provided him with a seat on the board. Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers managing partner Ray Lane was also named as non-executive chairman with a seat on the board. "Léo is a strategic thinker with a passion for technology, wide- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is someone trying to mend fences with Oracle

or

is someone have a quick stir?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Considering...

who we just hired as our new non-exec chairman (this guy: http://news.cnet.com/2009-1001-243126.html) I'd say not

Someone said there was an article floating around with the title "HP declares war on Oracle" or something like that

2. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

@AC nend fences?

Ray Lane .. as in ex-Orcl? that's not so much mending fences as in creating a new Berlin Wall ....

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Trevor_Pott Gold badge
    Flame

Now THAT

is what I call a slap in the face to Oracle.

Bring on the war, and let the best businesspeople be the victors. To arms, lads! To arms!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

5th on the list

It's bad when the top 4 tell you thanks but no thanks. HP is f'd and its not worth the millions for the headache.

I saw today two IBMers were offered the job and said no. I also heard Charles Phillips was offered and #2 at Apple.

Praise the lord for the ink cash cow, otherwise this sick puppy would have to be put down.

Go Razorbacks!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Welcome

Make it so!

Looks scarily like Jean-Luc Picard !

This topic is closed for new posts.

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020