back to article MS prices up Xbox 360 Kinect console combo

Microsoft has priced up the Xbox 360 Kinect bundle it's hoping will tempt console-less consumers when the motion control tech launches on 10 November. An Xbox 360 250GB bundled with a Kinect sensor and a Kinect Adventures game pack will set you back £300. Xbox 360 250GB It's $399 in the US, which is, give or take a pound or …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Horns

Great, but...

Kinect looks like a fantastic toy, but at £130 I can't see many people buying one. It needs to be at most £75 for people to take an interest, I reckon.

2. Anomalous Cowturd
    FAIL

Why pay £130 for this?

When for £10 more you can buy a Nintendo Wii with Wii Sports and Sports resort...

And then soft-mod it to install Homebrew channel and DVD playback for approximately zilch!

Fail on price. And fail on quality, from what I have read about it...

3. MJI Silver badge
    Jobs Horns

Why do they change names?

Project Natal sounded quite cool. Kinect sounds cack.

Nintendo Revolution also sounded cool. Wii sounds corny.

I reckon it will get renamed 'Kinell' when people see the price.

Personally I think we will be getting Move, like the look of Sorcery and of course KZ3.

I check all the gaming even though we have a PS3.

<---- Why not? Both MS and Sony hate them!

4. DEAD4EVER
    Thumb Down

xbox 360 combo

sorry but if my 360 blows up or gets a red ring its over il never go back to microsoft ever il stay where i should of stayed right at the start with sony im hoping to get me ps3 next year so i cant wait. sony be prepaired im going to join your network woooooo

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Its dreadful

Honestly, how MS think they can get away with charging £130 for the stand alone unit or upto £300 for the bundled unit I don't know. I've played Kinect - extensively - and its awful.

Its too fiddly, its not responsive enough and (so far at least) the games are at best an hour's worth of novelty value. Still, got two months left of testing so we'll see what rabbits MS pulls out of the hat.

I'm just glad I didn't pay for mine.

6. EddieElche
    Flame

I'm....

....going to buy one.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like