back to article Symantec finally secures HackIsWack

Symantec has belatedly secured its laughable HackIsWack competition website. The site - a collaboration between the security software firm and rapper Snoop Dogg - is designed to raise awareness about malware and identity theft by providing a forum for a user-generated cybercrime-themed rap competition. The site had a slow …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And bears poop in the woods

What do we expect? Symantec are shite and only survive by trading on the now-tarnished Norton name and by punting out pre-installed crapware.

2. John Goodwin 4

..how you keep from going under?

Had to be done. I'll get my coat.

1. queeckdraw

Don't push me....

Grand, masterful, flashy title. Glad some others can appreciate it.

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Obviously...

As is typical of many large firms the web site creation and maintenance was handed to someone that either had no experience in secure coding or just plain didn't know it or didn't care (above their paygrade). All too frequently, actually from my experience pretty much 99.9% of the time, security is either overlooked or only gets bolted on after it comes up on the CISO's radar or the site gets cracked or outed. So this isn't anything new. It happens and will continue to happen until security is on the initial requirements check list and incorporated into the architectural design. I prefer engineering blueprint but I'm definitely in the minority even though my software has always had zero defects and been secure and I built suites, not small apps. Hey, what do I know?

It'd be funny if I weren't crying so much.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like