back to article DNS Made Easy rallies after punishing DDoS attack

DNS Made Easy has restored services following a vicious denial of service that peaked at 50Gbps on Saturday. The identity of the perpetrators and their motives remain unclear. One possible scenario is that hackers with a grudge against the site hired a botnet to swamp DNS Made Easy with useless traffic. A blow-by-blow account …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Best guess

My best guess is that they found themselves accidentally providing DNS services to the bad guys, then terminated them for breach of TOS or something. The DDOS might just be an act of revenge.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

Test run

Probably used as a test-run/advertisement of capacity by some gang of tosspots. I've been getting a lot of botnet traffic here and at another location I administer, so there's something in the air.

1. Wize
      Joke

Is there an advert from a bunch called...

...DDOS Made Easy?

3. timt
    Thumb Up

DDOS MADE EASY

DDOS Made Easy, actually the name of the attackers business should be that. Since we have been receiving this attack for the last 3 months (granted the highest we seen it go was 30Gbps). I'll share some of the info it's a for-hire-ddos attack. You pay a fee, you receive a nice little software that manages a certain size of the botnet and you attack as you please.

I am glad to see it is finally getting some media attention. As we have been fruitless for quite a while now trying to get this botnet out of commission.

DDOS MADE EASY for you :)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like