back to article Oracle has '$70bn, five-year acquisition plan'

Charles Phillips, one of the co-presidents at software giant and unenthusiastic server maker Oracle, reportedly said the company had plans to double its acquisition budget over the next five years to a total of $70bn. But apparently this is not true. Phillips was speaking on Thursday at the Fortune Brainstorm Tech 2010 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Robert Moore
    Unhappy

They say that now

But I can't help bet wonder what, once cool, company they will buy, rape, pillage, and destroy next.

Just look at what they have done with/to Sun as a road map to destruction.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Piffle

sun was pretty much walking dead already. Going though motions resembling what it did when it was young and cool and everybody bought their stuff, but failing to deliver. With a thick management meddling gravy sauce on top. oracle bought it because it wanted something from sun, but it wasn't the cachet. It might spin off the stuff it doesn't want, or maybe it'll just destroy it. sun did the old botch-up too, on occasion. Remember cobalt?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Evil Larry

Our strategy is IBM....we can trust them.

We never bought an Oracle product other than EE but they have bought all of the applications we bought and have increased their % of our budget which huge price hikes with no added value.

We are using IBM to dramatically reduce our Oracle expenses.

3. Daniel_Kile

Watch Phillips Comments

The video of Phillips’ comments is now live on Fortune.com: http://bit.ly/bfwCQ0

4. Henry Wertz 1 Gold badge

sensible

I mean, honestly, it's just not sensible to say "we will spend $Y dollars in the next Z years on acquisitions"... what if there's not $Y worth of good acquisitions?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

RE: sensible

It's an [alleged] budget - if there is nothing out there, it won't get spent. Simples, I thought.

This topic is closed for new posts.