back to article GFI wraps its hands around Sunbelt

Maltese security firm GFI Software has acquired Sunbelt Software and its Vipre line of anti-malware technology. Terms of the deal - announced Tuesday - were not disclosed. The technology-focused acquisition will allow GFI to enhance its range of email and web security products, which focus on meeting the web security needs of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. SpaceQ
    Terminator

x

Well good luck GFI .

DavidF

2. Craig Foster
    WTF?

Symantec'ed?

Dammit!

GFI makes kludgey software. Vipre is a lean, mean, virus-beating machine....

I see this going the way of ESET's NOD32, unfortunately.

3. Andrew Katz

Well Done

Vipre's a solid product, and we're very pleased with it.

4. Uwe Dippel
    Welcome

Good-Bye, Mr. S.

Though I had my run-ins with them - I am NOT a windows shop - I will shed a tiny little tear; we kind of started up together and until today I had to consider them the only Windows support shop that I trusted and could recommend. As much as one can trust anything related to a non-trustworthy enterprise.

Sunbelt also had their tiny little runs-ins with Redmond.

GFI is totally crap, though.

Good bye, Stu!

5. Hammeroid
    Grenade

Kludgy ?

Chris - I think it's a little unfair to call all GFI's products kludgy.

If you're talking about MailArchiver, I'm not going to argue, but you can't tar all their products with the same brush.

And Uwe, I have to disagree ; GFI as a company tick all the right boxes if you're a SME.

No - I don't work for GFI, but if it meant moving to Malta I might consider it :¬]

Trust me, I know what I'm doing...

This topic is closed for new posts.